What is the best way to achieve your weight loss goals?
One of the main reasons dieters put weight back on or succumb to cravings is that they don’t keep their blood sugar stable.
What makes it hard to keep blood sugar levels stable?
- If you are making refined carbohydrates a part of your diet, then your blood sugar levels will not be stable.
- If you are not eating the foods needed to balance your insulin production, then your blood sugar levels will not be stable.
The perfect meal is an EnergyFirst shake. This all-natural whey protein shake will put your blood sugar in complete balance. Take a look at our total Program for optimal health here or check out the Energy Guidebook for more information about why an EnergyFirst Shake is the perfect meal.
But, let me share more ideas and information about what you can eat to help stabilize your blood sugar . . .
- Eating good fats slows gastric emptying and stabilizes the blood sugar. Avocados are packed with nutrients, will help you feel satisfied faster, and will encourage nutrients from other foods to be absorbed more efficiently through the wall of your small intestine. I love my guacamole – especially when it’s spicy!
- Hummus is packed with protein and will help to fill you up without experiencing a spike in blood sugar. You could also consider using quinoa as a vitamin-packed substitute for carbohydrates. Just stay off of the refined sugars and opt for lean protein and good fats as the basis for each of your meals.
- Staying hydrated can also help to balance your blood sugar levels. Drink a glass of water each time you feel hungry and at any chance you get throughout the day. Not only will it help you to feel satiated, but it will also help your digestive system to function at its optimal level. Drink half your body weight in ounces of water EVERY day without fail. Shakes count, as do all liquids that are free of caffeine or sugar. Fruit juices, coffee, sodas and the like are not the hydrating liquids that we’re talking about here.
- The digestive enzymes, probiotics, and phytonutrients in a top-notch green drink can be a great help for you as well. I like to drink a scoop of ProEnergy and a scoop of Greenergy in a Blender Bottle filled with water all throughout the day whenever I feel hungry or want a quick pick-me-up. Give it a try and you’ll be amazed with the results!
- Cut back on the refined sugars, increase your protein intake, drink a couple of protein shakes a day, stay hydrated, and feel the difference!